Ray's Electric Motorcycle · 3 April 07
Last fall Ray started researching and organizing the parts and plans to convert his old 750-1000 CC bike into an electric motorcycle. Now that the cold weather has let up he and his buddy are welding battery racks and getting things put together.
Click for larger snapshots.
The components include:
- Etek Motor MO-ET-2401 (12-48 Volts 300 amps peak 8 hp at 48 volts)
- Powersonic PS12260 sealed batteries (PDF)
- Alltrax AXE4844 Controller, Programmable
- Soneil Charger, 48V 3 Amp Dual Input BC-4808SRF
- MaguraThrottle Magura 0-5K Twist Grip TH-GTH-103
- Meter Curtis LED 48 Volt State of Charge
- Circuit Breaker Manual Reset 200 Amp