EV iPhone Apps · 8 March 11
What’s up in the world of EV related apps for your iPhone, iPod, and iPad? Let’s take a quick visit to the app store to find out.
Ran across this app for your iPhone (Android coming soon). According to their website, PlugShare is a community-driven electric vehicle (EV) charging network that lets you share your outlet and connect with other EV enthusiasts. Sounds like an interesting idea, be sure to check out the FAQ. Here’s the App Store link.
Browsing the app store you’ll find a few other electric car apps. Note, I haven’t tried any of them.
- eParkings recharge locations in Spain
- EV Charge Finder – works in conjunction with the www.EVChargerMaps.com website to help in locating public charging stations.
- Recargo – another recharge station locator.
- 360EV The New Motion – tracking EV battery state (via GPS?) and locating nearby chargers
- iEV – an electric car simulator (?) that uses the phone’s GPS to evaluate if an electric car is for you.